Links: Full Results
CANTON, Ohio. – Junior Alessandra Ricigliano (Scarsdale, N.Y.) and sophomore Krystal Knight (Groveland, Mass.) each recorded identical 80 ledgers on Day 1 of the NCAA Division II Women's Golf East Super Regional on Monday at Glenmoor Country Club in Canton, Ohio.
How It Happened
- After both Ricigliano and Knight earned at-large selections as individuals to the NCAA East Super Regional – marking the third season in the six-year history of the program that Merrimack has had representation at any round of the NCAA Tournament – the Warrior duo hit the links at Glenmoor bright and early, teeing off at 8:30 a.m. on the front and back nine, respectively.
- Ricigliano recorded six pars on the front end of her opening round, bogeying just three times to take a 3-over-par 39 into the break.
- Knight, meanwhile, began on the back nine, which was challenging for all golfers throughout the day with holes 13, 11 and 16 ranking among the top-five most difficult in terms of average relative to par.
- Knight would recover with a very solid 2-over-par 38 score on the front nine, posting three pars and two birdies to finish the day 8-over-par 80.
- Ricigliano would birdie the 12th before battling a challenging stretch over the final six holes; the junior who was making her first NCAA Super Regional appearance finished tied for Knight in a tie for 27th place with an identical 8-over-par 80.
- Both Warrior golfers will look to advance their position in the next two rounds and try to be among the top three individuals not with a team in order to have a chance to advance to the national championship later this month.
T-27th – Ricigliano (80/+8)
T-27th – Knignt (80/+8)
Ricigliano and Knight return to Glenmoor Country Club for Day 2 of the NCAA East Super Regional tomorrow morning.