Links: Full Results
CANTON, Ohio – Sophomore Krystal Knight (Groveland, Mass.) had a strong second day of play at the 2017 NCAA Division II Women's Golf East Super Regional, improving her Day 1 total by four strokes to move into a tie for 20th place to highlight another fine showing by the Merrimack College women's golf team at Glenmoor Country Club in Canton, Ohio.
Team Finish (Strokes/Place): No Team Score
Top Finisher: Knight (76/+4)
Location: Glenmoor Country Club | Canton, Ohio
How It Happened
- After both Knight and junior Alessandra Ricigliano (Scarsdale, N.Y.) each posted identical scores of 8-over-par 80s during Monday's first round, both entered the second round of play more comfortable with a challenging course and looked to charges up the leader board.
- Knight once again started her round on the back nine and roared out of the gate with a birdie on a par-five 10th hole to start the round on a high note.
- The sophomore who is making her second straight NCAA Super Regional appearance would post a 2-over-par 38 over the entirety of the back nine, only bogeying on two holes while posting pars on six to put herself in solid position halfway through the round.
- As she marched through a challenging front nine, Knight would make it eight straight holes with a par before registering back-to-back bogeys, but those were her only blemishes the rest of the way before parring the eighth and ninth holes to finish 4-over-par 76 on the afternoon, moving into a tie for 20th place in the process with a two-round score of 12-over-par 156.
- Ricigliano also started on the back nine with Knight and tallied a birdie on the par-four 12th hole on the way to carding a 4-over-par 40 for the first half of her morning. The junior would net another birdie on the sixth hole to close out her day six-over-par 78. She now stands in a tie for 26th place with a two-day score of 14-over-par 158.
- Both Warrior golfers will look to make a charge up the leader board on Wednesday, hoping to be among the top three individuals not with a team in order to have a chance to advance to the national championship later this month.
T-20th – Knight (80-76—156-/+12)
T-27th – Ricigliano (80-78—158/+14)
Knight and Ricigliano will close out play at the NCAA East Super Regional on Wednesday and, based on their final position, could be in line to advance to the national championships later this month.