Links: Full Results
CANTON, Ohio – Merrimack College women's golf junior Alessandra Ricigliano (Scarsdale, N.Y.) and sophomore Krystal Knight (Groveland, Mass.) wrapped up a memorable 2016-17 season for the program on Wednesday, as both concluded the three-round NCAA Division II East Super Regional held at Glenmoor Country Club in Canton, Ohio.
Team Finish (Strokes/Place): No Team Score
Top Finisher: Knight (80-76-76—232/+16)
Location: Glenmoor Country Club | Canton, Ohio
How It Happened
- Playing against some of the top teams and individual student-athletes in the country, both Ricigliano and Knight performed admirably on an extremely challenging course and have plenty to be proud of and excited to build upon heading into next year after their showing this week.
- Knight, who trimmed four strokes off her scorecard between Monday and Tuesday, was as steady as ever Wednesday on the way to carding her second straight four-over-par 76.
- For the third straight day, Knight began her round on the 10th hole and quickly recovered after an opening-round bogey; the second-year Warrior birdied the 11th, bogeyed 12, and then parred on par-four 13 before dropping a stroke on the 14th. Knight would post her second birdie of the day on the par-five 15th before recording three straight pars to close out the back nine.
- The sophomore, who wrapped up her second straight NCAA Super Regional appearance Wednesday, finished the back nine just 1-over-par 37, her best nine-hole score at any point this week.
- Knight would again go on a length bogey-free streak, going from the 16th-18th and then from holes 1-6 with nine straight pars. A few tough breaks on the final three holes of the day would see her card a 3-over-par 39 on the front nine and post a 4-over-par 76 on the day.
- Ricigliano was strong on her third and final day, as well; the first-time NCAA Super Regional qualifier finished 3-over-par 39 on the back nine, where she started, with only three blemishes in that span. The junior would finish 10-over-par 82 on the day.
- Knight would finish tied for 17th in the individual leader board, posting a 16-over-par 232 over the course of 54 holes. Ricigliano, meanwhile, ranked tied for 34th after recording a 24-over-par 240.
T-17th – Knight (80-76-76—232-/+16)
T-34th – Ricigliano (80-78-82—240/+24)